Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I stick a post back onto the decorative design on the first floor front window?

Caro
Growing in Experience

How do I stick a post back onto the decorative design on the first floor front window?

We have a decorative panel comprising four pieces of wood placed into a design shape framing the first floor windows.  One piece of timber has fallen off.  This is happened twice before, once it seemed to just fall off, I had it put back on, but we recently had the house pressure washed, he hit the timber and it again fell off.  I have the piece and would like to have it replaced again, but I want to ensure that it stays in place.  My question is what is the best way to do this?  Can you recommend a very strong adhesive?  front window (1).jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I stick a post back onto the decorative design on the first floor front window?

Hi @Caro,

The piece needs to be glued and screwed back on to ensure it doesn't fall off again. At the same time, I'd suggest assessing the rest of the timber to see if they are also well fixed. If one piece has come off, chances are the rest will soon follow. I've put a rendering together below to illustrate how this could be done. I'd suggest using Selleys 350g Heavy Duty Liquid Nails and Zenith 10 - 8 x 75mm Galvanised Countersunk Rib Head Timber Screws

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Frame.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caro
Growing in Experience

Re: How do I stick a post back onto the decorative design on the first floor front window?

Thank you so much Mitchell.  I understand what needs to be done and will go to Bunnings to get glue and screws so that I am prepared when I find someone to climb up and repair it.  

Regards

Caro

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects