Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How long has Bunnings been stocking Specrite Red Oak Panels?

PeakyBlinder71
Building a Reputation

How long has Bunnings been stocking Specrite Red Oak Panels?

Hi,

I was in Bunnings today and noticed they stock Red Oak FJ Laminated Panels in 18mm & 26mm. I haven't seen these timber

boards before and was just curious, is this a recent line or one which I've failed to see?.

Also, can Bunnings get white oak panels/timber? (Also called American white Oak)

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How long has Bunnings been stocking Specrite Red Oak Panels?

Hi @PeakyBlinder71 

I have used Specrite timber from Bunnings for the past year or so, I know the also have precut circle Specrite also,  reasonably priced too.

JoeAzza_0-1657353328324.png

I have purchased these recently, the finish is similar to Tas oak, more reddish in colour

JoeAzza_3-1657353610536.png

JoeAzza_2-1657353499438.png

JoeAzza_1-1657353440198.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PeakyBlinder71,

You can find all the available Specrite products on the Bunnings website. I believe that is the entire range, but it wouldn't hurt to ask one of our helpful Special Orders team members next time you are in-store. There might be another supplier in your area that we could source White Oak panels from.

The Red Oak has been around for a while, but not as long as some of the original panel products in that range.

Are you planning a project? We'd love to hear all about it, so please feel free to start a discussion so we can follow along with your build.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc

I've nearly finished the split top cabinet using the Red Oak plywood panels. I just need to make some shaker style doors to match.

here's some photo's:

67878142996__0D29EBD6-5EB7-4E45-894C-908C214A30E6.jpgIMG_8881.jpgIMG_8882.jpg

Oh, WOW! Lovely work, @PeakyBlinder71. I can't wait to see it finished.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Unfortunately I cant make frame and panel doors using just plywood it has to be solid wood, besides defeating the purpose the rails and stiles would warp over time aswell...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects