Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add table legs to 12mm ply?

jennig
Finding My Feet

How to add table legs to 12mm ply?

I want to add some legs to a sheet of 12mm ply. I was going to use the Adoor plates and screw in legs (so they would be easily removable). The screws on the legs are longer than the depth of the plates. How do I adjust them?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add table legs to 12mm ply?

Hello @jennig

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about adding table legs to your table.

I suggest adding a 65x19 timber piece on each side of the table underneath to serve as a buffer for the table leg. I recommend using Zenith 8G x 20mm Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws to mount the timber to the table. I propose putting the screws from the top of the table to attach the timber buffer to the bottom of the table. You can then attach the leg plates to the table.

Please double-check that the 65x19 timber provides enough space for the leg screw to go into. If there is not enough space, I propose getting a thicker piece of timber that will accommodate the leg screw.

I've drawn up a picture to give you an idea of how to mount the timber buffer. Please have a good look and tell me what you think.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects