Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach horizontal Easycraft VJ panels?

Vee1
Just Starting Out

How to attach horizontal Easycraft VJ panels?

Hello everyone, Thank you for accepting me. We have a bought two 3.6ish m long x 1.2m wide vj panels. We are installing them horizontally onto a wall in the entrance hall. My question is, what is the best way to directly secure to existing plastered and painted brick wall?

We don't want to build frame but glue directly to the wall. And... do we use screws/ nails as well as glue? If so what type?( we don't have nailgun.)

Thank you kindly.20211130_131351.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach horizontal Easycraft VJ panels?

Hello @Vee1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to attach Easycraft VJ panels horizontally.

You can attach the EasycraftVJ Panels using Selleys 420g Liquid Nails Fast Grab Strong Adhesive in combination with Paslode 30 x 1.6mm 100g Bright Steel Bullet Head Nails - 190 Pack. You will need to find the timber studs to nail into so that the panel is secure while the adhesive cures. Hammer the nail in until it is nearly flush with the panel. Use a nail punch to tap the nail head until it is slightly under the surface. You can then use a timber filler to cover the head of the nail. I've never seen the EasycraftVJ panels attached horizontally. Any updates you can provide once it is attached would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Vee1
Just Starting Out

Re: How to attach horizontal Easycraft VJ panels?

Thank you for your reply. We used liquid nails and screws. It's a brick wall, so no studs.  It's looking great so far. Will paint and hang mirror to complete the job. 

Regards Vee

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects