Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a French door and frame?

Onearmman
Growing in Experience

How to build a French door and frame?

Opening 2390×940 mmOpening 2390×940 mm

I would like to install a french door with glass to the ceiling height 2390mm

My understand is door frame will be 38mm  so 2390less 38mm 

Would you fit the door frame 1st then shop for a customized door to fit(sound like an easy path for a newbie)

Or would you buy a standard door and then customized the frame?

Will bunnings take this kind of order?

Thanks

Onearmman
Growing in Experience

Re: french door and frame

The actual opening is 2390×920

Onearmman
Growing in Experience

Sirry 2390×940

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Onearmman

The good news is that you can have both the door and door jamb custom made to fit into your existing space. There is no need to worry about which part you need to buy fixed and which part you'll need to customize. I recommend double-checking your measurements before proceeding to the special orders desk of your local store.

Here is a link to the Hume Doors Catalogue. I suggest having a good look and deciding which door you wish to purchase. The closest door I can see that's similar to a french door is the Hume 2040 x 820 x 40mm Entrance Door SPM Joinery Translucent Glass JST10 and the Hume Internal Door Lincoln Clear Glass LIN10

Show the special orders team member your door choice along with the measurements that you have. They will then send this quote to Hume Doors. Once the special order team gets your quote back, they will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed to order the quote. 

Please keep us updated with your progress,  we look forward to seeing your french door installed.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Onearmman
Growing in Experience

Thank you Eric. Very useful tips..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects