Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a workbench?

jvikingsted
Just Starting Out

How to build a workbench?

Hi I am a complete beginner and I would like to know what tools I need to start out just building a work bench please???

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: starting out

Hi @jvikingsted 

Well welcome to the world of  work working and projects.  Firstly you already are on the right track asking questions and preparing for a project.

A lot of the tools need proper guidance to learn to use them  properly , thank fully we live in the age of you tube etc so please watch how to videos at least 3 videos  to gain mixed  skill sets to start you off.  Practice new skill on scrape materials.

re Power tools the best value for money is Ozito power tools.  I love my metabol and high end tools to ozitos work they just  take a little longer and need to cool down.

Start you projects off small?  work  Bench would say medium skills

The best thing to start with is your work bench  plans it most likly will have a tool list  attached to it.

Bunning has a DIY portable (wheels) work  bench   Just select DIY ADvice and type in Work Bench and check out your options' Asa guide  click or copy the following link to guide you as well as vidioes

I know you will get more great advice here too

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/furniture-upcycling/diy-portable-workbench

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: starting out

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jvikingsted. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a workbench.

It's great that @Jewelleryrescue has already offered some advice and an excellent step-by-step guide. You might also like to check out our guide on How to build a workbench. Also, have a look at our Top 10 most popular workbench projects for inspiration.

If you can provide our helpful members with a few details on the type of workbench you'd like to create, I'm sure they could advise on any specific tools you might need for the project. Any plans that you've seen and like the look of would be handy.

I look forward to hearing more about your project and offering further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a workbench?

Hi @jvikingsted,

Just wanted to also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're looking forward to seeing your workbench project come together and your skills and experience develop over time. You'll certainly get lots of support, encouragement and helpful advice along the way from our wonderful members. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have an update on a project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects