Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean laminated floors?

tzlimcaoco
Just Starting Out

How to clean laminated floors?

Hi.  I would like to know how to clean this laminated/treated wood floors.  I have been cleaning the floors first vacuum and use a damp cloth first and then i switched to the floor wipes.  Floor wipes because it has the antibacteria on it but can get too expensive.  My problem is the markings on the floor from our shoes and specially the markings of the feet of my dog.  After i use the floor wipes most of the markings on the floor are still there.  I am also worried that the floors might loose its color.   I was wondering if there is anything else i can do to get rid of the markings the floors.  

IMG_4032.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to clean laminated floors?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tzlimcaoco.

I trust that you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your home from our wonderful members. 

We have timber floors throughout our home and don't often mop - regularly vacuuming does the job. Everyone in our house tends to remove their shoes at the front and back door, which really helps reduce the kind of marks you are seeing. Also, when there's wet weather, we tend to have a towel at the front and back door to ensure that our dog's paws aren't wet and leaving prints everywhere. 

Looking forward to seeing ideas from other members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean laminated floors?

Hi @tzlimcaoco

I recommend using Dunlop 500ml Revive and Shine it's a multipurpose cleaner and maintainer that enhances the appearance of sealed floors. It also reduces the appearance of scuffing and improves gloss levels. Please use recommended PPE when handling the cleaner as it is a concentrate. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects