Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean rust from vinyl flooring?

Pjj
Finding My Feet

How to clean rust from vinyl flooring?

Due to recent flooding and using a metal crate as a coffee table, I need advice as to how to clean rust stains from vinyl flooring? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean rust from vinyl flooring?

Hello @Pjj 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your vinyl flooring.

The traditional method of removing rust stains on vinyl flooring is using Glitz 1kg Green Bi-Carb Cleaner in combination with Glitz Green 2L Cleaning Vinegar. Spread the bi-carb on the stained area and use a clean rag soaked in vinegar and vigorously wipe the area. Use a rag soaked in water to do the final cleanup. 

The next step up would be to use chemical cleaners. Please test a small area first to make sure it will not damage your vinyl floor. I suggest using either Diggers 2kg Rust And Stain Cleaner or CLR 1L Calcium Lime Rust Remover. Please make sure to wear gloves and eye protection when handling these chemicals. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Pjj
Finding My Feet

Re: How to clean rust from vinyl flooring?

Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects