Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover up ugly shop corner?

Quachy
Getting Established

How to cover up ugly shop corner?

Hi guys, I've rented this shop, I want to open up the shop floor for customers to come through, though there's a poorly contructed corner that the landlord won't fix, is there someone way I can cover it up and make it look nicer? refer photo of the hideous corner attached. 

the only thhing i can think of is about 2metres from this corner, put up office room dividers which prevent customers from turning left to see the 'ugly corner'. I've drawn up the layout of that corner (location indicated by the star) to give some context below

the corner and seeing thiscorner.png

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to cover up ugly shop corner?

Hi @Quachy,

Is the landlord open to you repairing and painting?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Quachy 

Mmmmm How about those room dividers but on wheels instead? That way you could increase or decrease the area as needed?

So A rectangular frame almost to the ceiling height with a T style bottom either end for the wheels to be put on. Maybe 1.25m wide by 2.2m height . You could face one side with a plaster sheet.

That way you wont be putting in something that you have to pull out and the landlord cant make you change. If you really wante dto be cleaver you could even make it with a door in the screen tho that would require some stays from the T of the feet to the wall to stabilise it.

Dave

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon again @Quachy 

I just had a batch of photos scroll down my feed from a Vinnies store. Here is what I was thinking but with shelves! It has wheels to move around and depending on how you build it, it could also have shelves and not be just a straight wall. Almost looks like its Bunnings shelving repurposed... :surprised:

411129040_739640391527322_7735406653698224508_n.jpg

Dave

Quachy
Getting Established

sounds pretty nifty Dave-1, will try and find one on facebook market

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects