Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill a 30cm hole in internal door?

Yvonne79
Getting Established

How to fill a 30cm hole in internal door?

Hi 👋 I am wondering what is the best way to fill a 30cm hole in an internal wooden door? 

Would you use a foam filler with putty over it? 

Doors will be painted after! 

Thanks! 

Yvonne 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill a 30cm hole in internal door?

Hi @Yvonne79,

It would be worth considering that a replacement door could cost less than the products to fill the hole in your existing door. You'd then need to swap out the hardware onto the new door.

You might like to have a read through this discussion on How to fill the holes and gouge. On page four, @newfast asks how to fill a rather large hole in a door, and our members assist. 

Can you post some images of your door so our members have a better idea of what you're working with? That will allow them to offer some informed recommendations. Let me know if you need any assistance uploading some images. 

If the hole is only in one skin of the door and hasn't penetrated the whole way through, your method might work. You'd just need to be careful not to apply too much-expanding foam filler.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fill a 30cm hole in internal door?

Thanks Mitchell, a bit late! An update!
Painter used builders bog.. worked perfect and the hole was all the way through.. love this stuff now!! You can drill it, sand it, paint it!!
Thanks for your suggestion of new door as exactly they are cheap.. reason we couldn't do this option was..
We have an old house with old door handle heights so new door would not be an option unless replacing all of them..
Thanks again for your help, yvonne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects