Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill a gap between floor and wall in wardrobe?

johnnoP
Just Starting Out

How to fill a gap between floor and wall in wardrobe?

17016493395556422420837923003958.jpg

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 1920s bungalow which has had several renovations throughout the years and going room by room .

In the first bedroom wardrobe there is a noticeable gap between the wall and floor, building inspection fine, but I want to block this gap as there is a clear air gap from under the house. 

Any recommendations, looks too small for gap filler?

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill a gap between floor and wall in wardrobe?

Hello @johnnoP 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about filling the gap in your wardrobe.

I propose using Porta 19 x 19mm 1.8m Moulding Pine Tri Quad Clear. I recommend cutting it down to size and gluing it in place using Selleys 130g Liquid Nails Ezi Press make sure to apply adhesive to both the surfaces that will be in contact with the wall and floor. It is also possible to nail the timber moulding to the existing skirting board on the wall.  

Another option is to remove the existing skirting board and covering the gap again with timber moulding. The skirting board can then be re-installed above the repair. The last step would be to paint the moulding so that it blends in with its surroundings.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects