Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a dent in the wall

unspicedcabbage
Just Starting Out

How to fix a dent in the wall

image.jpg

image.jpg

as you can see it’s not really cracked just bent in. how do i fix this? i see a lot for cracked walls but i’m just making sure there’s not a different process. 

so it’s just pushed in, like you can feel the wall behind it there’s no hole. my butt pushed it in while moving a bed. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a dent in the wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @unspicedcabbage. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

You might like to start by reading through these previous discussions: Patching holes in the wall by @PartyDad and Help !! How to fix a huge dent/bent in the drywall by @Murali.

You could skim coat the area with Gyprock CSR 2kg Rapid Patch Filler. It would be best to do so gradually with several coats instead of one thick application. The other option is to cut out the affected section and replace it with a new board. If the damage is not too deep, I suggest you try the filler, and if it doesn't work out, you can always replace the piece with a plaster repair panel.

You should also find this step-by-step guide useful: How to fix a hole in a plaster wall.

Please let me know if you have questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects