Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a sliding screen door lock?

MWalt
Just Starting Out

How to fix a sliding screen door lock?

My sliding screen door is no longer locking or properly shutting as the top mechanism has broken off its mount and is now hanging in the door (see pic 2). The middle mechanism and bottom ones (pic 3) are in good working order. How can I replace this?

Thanks,

Matthew

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.42.33 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.42.54 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.43.51 pm.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing sliding screen door lock

Hello @MWalt 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about fixing your sliding door lock.

Thank you so much for posting those photos of your door lock. It looks like it is the Whitco Leichhardt Sliding Security Screen Door Lock. I recommend proceeding to the Special Orders Desk and placing an order for the new lock. The product code for this item is W867117, it is a triple locking kit, and the entire set must be replaced as spares are not available. 

I've been informed by the Whitco technical team that you can reuse your existing locking barrel and there is no need to get a new one unless your current one has been damaged. 

The general process is to remove all the Philips head screws and unlocking the barrel bolt. Once in its unlocked position the barrel should slide out and you can then proceed with disassembly.

Here is the link to the installation instructions: Whitco 3 Point Door Lock 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects