Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix my wardrobe door?

cindyciti
Finding My Feet

How to fix my wardrobe door?

E0849B3F-F9E9-4812-8839-9275F236BF09.jpeg

Hi everyone- I wanted some advice on whether this wardrobe door can be fixed or if I need to replace it. The silver frame has sprung away from the top section.. taking the black rubber seal with it.. I did try glue but it was a temporary measure. Any help will be much appreciated. Thx 

B9001067-0152-46B4-9601-73666176E830.jpeg

0793E637-0217-4989-8730-64193E92F56C.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix my wardrobe?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @cindyciti. We're delighted to have you join us and look forward to seeing and assisting you with your home improvement and garden projects.

Thanks for your question about your wardrobe. Let me tag our knowledgeable members @JacobZ95@Jewelleryrescue and @JoeAzza to see if they have any thoughts on how to proceed.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Re: How to fix my wardrobe door?

Hi @cindyciti,

At the join between the vertical and horizontal aluminium frame is there a screw hole?

In aluminium glazing frames that I’ve used in the past there is usually a screw in all 4 corners connecting the vertical members to the horizontal members. 

If this isn’t the case, could you have a look around the frame and see if there is a brand or serial number? 

I’m happy to help more but I’d need a bit more information to work out what action to take. 

Cheers,

Jacob

hi @cindyciti 

@JacobZ95   is  right the secert to a  good repair is reattaching the top frame to the side  frame the chances are a screw or two has worked lose.

So look for screw holes that hold the two frames together.  Are there any lose screws on the floor? if you find the screws re attch and glue them as well.

Can you take a  closer picture in the  frame joins.

I would make a new angle bracket fitted internally if space permits  as a back up  plan.

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @cindyciti  all good feedback from @JacobZ95 @and @Jewelleryrescue 

If you are not sure how to check if you can’t locate the position of the missing screws, may I suggest that you remove the other good sliding door and and place it on the floor on carpet so you do not damage the door, then have a a look where the screws are located on the door. Remove the door that needs to be repaired and check for missing screws, replace as necessary, then reinstall doors, if removing is not easy, use masking tape to tape and hold the door before removing, this will keep the door together, until you repair it.

please note: these doors are heavy, you will need someone to help you, if not confident to fix it it, you can call a wardrobe supplier/install to repair it for you.

Thanks so much...  no screws found unfortunately and can't really see where they go in. I agree I need to remove the door to do this.  I am going to get a friend to help me.  Many thanks, Sarah 

Thanks Jacob, appreicate the response.  I will see how things go once I get a friend to help me remove the door.  No serial number found.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cindyciti 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from our members. Just a friendly reminder to use personal protection such as gloves and goggles when handling the glass door panel. Please make sure to take care when handling and position the glass panel as it is currently unsupported. 

Any extreme pressure applied to the corners or surface of the glass can cause it to shatter. Please make sure to put it on a soft flat surface if you are lying it down. If you feel that the assembly is too difficult or presents danger, I suggest engaging the services of an aluminium trade's person.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects