Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix render cracks in front facade of my home?

pratikpatel
Just Starting Out

How to fix render cracks in front facade of my home?

Hi

My house is 7 plus years old and their are a lot of hair line cracks devolving in the front facade of my home on different walls.

I have been recommended to use render refresh as the cracks are mostly hairline.

Has someone used this solution before and is it effective or just a waste of money.

Do you have any alternative approach to resolve this issue. Attaches is just one example of a wall which has cracks

regards Pratik

IMG20221030191031 (2).jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix render cracks in front facade of my home?

Hello @pratikpatel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing the cracks in your facade.

I suggest trying this method, use a Josco 3 Piece Hand Wire Brush Kit to clear out the dust and debris in the cracks, then fill them in with Poly 500g Exterior Masonry Poly. Make sure to use a Pro Renovator 38mm Plastic Scraper to prevent damaging the surface. Wait for the filler to cure and then you can sand down any imperfections. It will be necessary to repaint the area as Polyfilla's finish will not be the same colour as your facade.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects