Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix roller blind not moving?

Marion3556
Finding My Feet

How to fix roller blind not moving?

Hello,

I bought these blinds about a year ago: Pillar 270 x 240cm Colorbond Woodland Grey Elegance Day Night Indoor Roller Blind - Bunnings Austral...

They worked fine for a while but after a few months, the "night" block out blind stopped working: the chain would still move when we pulled on it, but the blind would not go up or down. We took down the block out blind and had been using only the "day" sheer blind for the past few months, but the same thing just happened: the chain still moves freely but the blind does not move, it's like the chain is not engaging with the mechanism. How could we fix it?

I tried finding information online on how to fix it but could not find anything satisfactory. I'm hoping the clever folks in this forum will be able to point me in the right direction :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Marion

blind 1.jpgblind 2.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix roller blind not moving?

Hello @Marion3556 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your questions about fixing your roller blind.

I suspect that the rolling mechanism inside has been damaged. I suggest bringing the broken roller to the store and speaking to a helpful special orders team member and see if it can be ordered as a spare part. Unfortunately, once the roller has failed, it has no replaceable spare parts inside and must be replaced entirely.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix roller blind not moving?

Thanks a lot Eric!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects