Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide flooring in a rental?

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

How to hide flooring in a rental?

With so many creative people in the Bunnings Workshop Brains Trust I thought I'd throw out another quest for help.

I've moved into a rental.  The flooring is brown faux wood planks.  Half the house has rubber ones, the other half lino. 

Then the walls were painted with Dulux Duck White half.  At first I thought it was white, but it has a green tinge to it that definitely clashes with my colour pallett.  The combination of these is stomach churning!  Can anyone suggest the most affordable way to do a revamp?  Down to an itsy tiny budget 😪

Thank you 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide flooring in a rental?

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand @Tyro.

I would recommend you share some photos so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific advice. 

I'd also take a trip to your local Bunnings and have a look at the range of rugs. They will also help to keep your home warm.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Tyro 

While you are taking photos, would it be possible for you to post the measurements of the room you are trying to cover? This will help our members think about products that you can use in the room and stay within budget.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Thank you for your suggestions and support @Jason and @EricL.  I've been caught up in unpacking and then discovering the need for alot more book space!  Looking at buying Flexi-cubes for emergency shelves and getting hold of more pallets to try and make some!  So the decor is on hold for the moment. 

Never never NEVER move house! 🤯😵🤕😤

Cheers

Tyro

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects