Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install door in a hallway?

LukeWoods
Finding My Feet

How to install door in a hallway?

Hi everyone, I’m wanting to install a solid core door to a hallway to reduce the noise . The opening is 2410mm high and 845mm wide and I’m just unsure on what I need in regards to what door frame and what door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

image003.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install door to hallway

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LukeWoods. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a door.

You might like to start by reading through these step-by-step guides: How to install a door jamb and How to hang a door. Given you'll have to install the door jamb and your width is 845mm, you'll likely need to be aiming for a 770mm solid-core door. You'll also need to add framing for a bulkhead above the door to bring the ceiling down to a height of around 2140mm once the top of the door jamb is attached. You'll then need to plaster over the bulkhead to blend it in with the surrounding wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much for this info, I’ll look into these and let you know if I have any more questions

Keep us updated and reach out anytime you need assistance @LukeWoods. We'll be there for you every step of the way.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects