Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level floors for hybrid flooring?

amsclarke
Finding My Feet

How to level floors for hybrid flooring?

Hello :smile:

I am trying to undertake a hybrid flooring project throughout the house. I am not sure what product I can use to raise the floor height by 15mm to match the new height (tile area plus hybrid floor boards) of the tile area. I am also not sure if a reducer strip is a good solution between two floors without raising them. Any advice on the two will be highly appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leveling floors for hybrid flooring

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amsclarke. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about changing floor heights.

To clarify, do you need to raise a floor by 15mm so you can then add the Hybrid flooring over it and achieve the same height as an adjoining floor? If so, STRUCTApanel 12 x 2400 x 1200mm H2 Non-Structural Panelling will get you within the realms of using a cover strip.

I think raising the floor would be well worth the effort as a 15mm height difference between floors would present a trip hazard as the cover strip would be at an aggressive angle.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks, yup it's to achieve the same height as the adjoining floor. Would installing these structpanels on concrete require any special tools?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @amsclarke 

You can either drill the panel into the floor or use adhesive to fix it in place. No special tools are needed to install or cut the panel.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric, will give this one a go

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects