Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a cute hat rack

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

How to make a cute hat rack

If you're like me and you seem to collect a number of very similar looking hats, you probably need a cute hat rack.

This cute hat rack is made from 6 equal sized pieces of timber. We have used Western Red Cedar, but you might like to use something lighter in colour like Tasmanian Oak. The hardware we used are brass bolts with acorn nuts, the tension of the nuts is what holds it in shape.

This is a super simple project but we think it really adds to our hallway! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. :smile:IMG_1525.jpgIMG_1526.jpgIMG_1528.jpgIMG_1529.jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1534.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make a cute Hat Rack

Thanks so much for sharing this project @DIYgals! Such a great reminder to be sun safe by mounting it in your hallway. What a great looking, creative solution.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Thanks @JaneK , It doesn't matter how close to the front door they are stored, I still always seem to forget to grab one on my way out!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's an elegant solution, @DIYgals! I love the simplicity of the design and the timber you've chosen. The brass hardware is also a nice touch.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects