Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount Ring doorbell on curved panel?

Misvtec
Finding My Feet

How to mount Ring doorbell on curved panel?

hi everyone. First time poster!

so, I purchased a “ring doorbell” but the only place I can mount it has a curved wooden panel. Any ideas how I can make it straight to attach the mount for the doorbell? I was thinking spac filler, or something similar? 

EB314F40-27ED-4117-9827-F4D32C68DB9A.jpeg

B4D573C8-CC0E-478E-A6D6-1532E80BD1FF.jpeg

EFB25102-1FED-41A9-924E-28F51FA39CF5.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ring doorbell attachment to house

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Misvtec. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a ring doorbell.

Would you be able to link us to the exact product you've purchased or provide the model number? That would be helpful when our members are offering suggestions.

Is there a reason why you can't install it onto the brickwork? Perhaps there's something unique about your model, but from scanning other Ring installation manuals, it appears that fixing to a masonry surface is an option.

If you wanted to mount right over the scotia moulding, I'd suggest screwing on a flat piece of timber first. Once you have a flat surface to work with, you'll easily be able to mount your doorbell. I've included a rendering below to illustrate.

I look forward to hearing more about your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

This is perfect! The brick is to far out of view as a pole for the awning blocks the view. I knew you would have a practice simple solution! 
off to Bunnings I go. Would you have a suggestion for timber type? Would there be anything that pre exists in a small size. Namely 12.8 a 6.2 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No small pieces that I can think of @Misvtec. You might be best off asking a team member in the timber yard if they can cut 13cm off the end of a Porta 66 x 18mm 1.8m DAR Meranti Standard & Better. That will give you a piece of 13 x 6.6 cm which would be very close.

Mitchell

Will do. That link isn’t working but ill

shoe them I store. Thank you :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I apologise, @Misvtec. That link is being a bit funky at the moment. I'm sure the team will find you a similar hardwood board to cut a small section off that suits your project. Here's the product I was referencing.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects