Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount acoustic panels to a drywall?

RichMD
Getting Established

How to mount acoustic panels to a drywall?

Hi there, do you have anything that looks like the attached images that I cold use to mount acoustic panels to a drywall corner impalercorner impalercorner impalercorner impalerflat impalerflat impaleroffset impaleroffset impaleroffset impaleroffset impaler

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to mount acoustic panels to a drywall?

Good afternoon @RichMD 

Been trolling through Bunnings online and trying to think of items that could be used for what you want. 

My first thought was something like a Nail plate but can think on how to use it easily.

My second thought was the Aluminum channel aisle.

Gutter Mould or maybe this one Aluminium deep channel LF Joiner 

Do you have a picture of the sound proofing product you want to use? So we can get an idea of the thickness you want to attach to the walls.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mounting solution (impalers) for acoustic panel

Hi @RichMD 

I'm sorry but Bunnings currently doesn't stock a metal impaler for acoustic panels. But I've passed your feedback on to our merchandise team.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Dave-1. Would it be possible to glue the acoustic panel to the wall using Selleys 350g Kwik Grip Spray Contact Adhesive? You can spray just the top bottom and middle of the panel. Unless of course you're after a non-permanent installation. 

Another way to install the panels would be to use Paslode 75 x 3.75mm 500g Griplock Galvanised Nails. It will be necessary to drive the nails in front of the panel and stop when it reaches the panels surface. You'll need to strategically decide the position of the nails so that the panel is properly supported.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RichMD
Getting Established

Thanks @Dave-1 and @EricL for your advice. For reference, here's a video of the panels being installed with these impalers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODMK983mu4U). I think I'll just need to bite the bullet on this one and pay the premium for these impalers at the music store. Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Are these felt-style acoustic panels @RichMD? If so, you could potentially stick the hook side of the Velcro adhesive strips to the wall. I would imagine the felt would stick to the Velcro strips. You might need to do a test, though.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@MitchellMc and @RichMD 

I was even thinking something along the lines of picture rails after watch the video. Tow horizontal rails and then you could screw straight to them or have a beveled edge on the rail and an alternate one on the sound panel so it slips over and wedges in?

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects