Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint my door and cabinetry handles black?

ongbianca88
Getting Established

How to paint my door and cabinetry handles black?

Hi! I would like a uniform colored handles all over our house. Our taps are black, but the rest of the house, ie door handles, cabinet handles are all in chrome. Any ideas on how to do this? Should i take it off the door or cabinet, or can i paint it attached? Thank you guys! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to paint my door and cabinetry handles black?

Hi @ongbianca88,

If you can leave the handles in place whilst you spray them, it could save you the work of having to remove and re-install them all. However, you'll likely get a better finish if you remove them. There will also be less overspray if you can spraypaint them all outside.

Remember that you need to prepare all these handles to accept paint. Most of the prep will include scuffing up the chrome surfaces and priming them. You might like to follow @lifestylebymari's project on their spray painted tapware. The key will be to scratch up the chrome as it is tough for the paint to bond to it otherwise.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and make sure to take plenty of before and after photos.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to paint my door and cabinetry handles black?

Thank you! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects