Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to protect power cords from pets?

JPH
Finding My Feet

How to protect power cords from pets?

Hi all, hoping for some advice.  I have a cat who is now chewing power cords.  What product is suitable to wrap around the cords?  Was looking at Cobra Black spiral cable management.  Thanks in advance.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to protect power cords from pets?

Ho @JPH 

The Narva split tube would probably be a tougher solution to the spiral wrap and better coverage.

Screenshot_20220629-115408_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Thank you for your message - on my way to Bunnings now 

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

There are some other floor surface duct options as well of different colour, profile and size to suit different applications it will be in the same area have a look at what suites your need best and also budget of course.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JPH

It's great you've received excellent advice from @CSParnell. Just to add to the suggestions given, I recommend Deta 16 x 10mm Trunking. This is just in case your cat is really aggressive. I use this to protect my cables as my nephew's dogs love to chew on things as well.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @JPH,

Personally I'd probably go for something like 20 or 25 mm split flexible conduit and enclose the whole lot in this, depending on how many cables

you have.

You could also really tidy things up and use some cable ties to hold everything in place once you're done.

When my cat was younger, I had the exact same issue, this sorted things out quite easily.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects