Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove internal door handles?

Murphy202
Finding My Feet

How to remove internal door handles?

Goodmorning,  I'm having difficulty removing these handles.  Any advice please 🙏 

17042423565745347254905528958681.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to remove internal door handles?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Murphy202. We're delighted to have you join our wonderful community of like-minded D.I.Y. enthusiasts who are sharing projects and asking questions everyday. 

Thanks for your question on removing those handles. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc is currently away but will be happy to assist as soon as he can. 

In the meantime, let me tag our ever-helpful members @iveg@Nham and @DIYGnome in case they have any thoughts. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYGnome
Making a Splash

Hello @Murphy202 any chance of a photo of the other side of the handle (on the other side of the door) as I'm struggling to see how it is fastened...

Murphy202
Finding My Feet

17043232151607509113418368025522.jpg

 this is the other side of the handle

DIYGnome
Making a Splash

Hello @Murphy202 thank you for the matching picture, is there a small hole on the lever handle either a set screw (Allen key) or an opening for a spring release of the handle?   Some handles can be removed this way so as to permit the rosette (cover piece) to be taken off exposing the hidden screws, this design (if no openings can be found) may require you to remove the rosette over then handle, it will be an interference fit so a little leverage could be required, if so lever against a piece of scrap wood to protect the door surface. 

Door handle.jpg

Hi @Murphy202,

Can you remove the cover plate as you did with the other side of the door? There are quite possibly similar screws within it that also need to be undone.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you!  I got it !  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects