Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove nail polish from waterproof laminated floor?

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

How to remove nail polish from waterproof laminated floor?

20220313_143106.jpg

I think it is nail polished.. have tried eucalyptus oil..no luck :unhappy: would nail polished remover wreck the flooring? It's the aquagurad Amazon laminate flooring.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Remove nail polished from waterproof laminated floor

Hi @projectmumdanni

I suggest trying Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud. Rub the cotton bud on the affected area and carefully rub the nail polish off. I recommend rubbing only the affected spot and using a sweeping motion rather than a circular motion. This is to prevent the colour of the nail polish from spreading further. It will take a while longer but it will soften the nail polish. Acetone the main ingredient of nail polish remover is too potent on coloured surfaces. It might damage your laminated floor as well. 

I suggest testing one spot first to make sure that it will not harm the finish on your floor. My number one tip is not to soak the floor with the isopropyl, wipe it off with a paper towel to dry the area as soon as possible.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your laminate flooring clear of nail polish.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects