Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove sticky labels from bottles?

ennoh
Building a Reputation

How to remove sticky labels from bottles?

What do I use to remove sticky labels from bottles?    I only need a small bottle...

Marty_greenshed
Having an Impact

Re: Removing sticky labels from bottles

Hi Ennoh,

Depending on the bottle, label and strength of adhesion, there is a multitude of products available that will do the job.

De Solv It - Mild citrus based adhesive remover.  Just spray on to saturate affected area. Leave to activate. Wipe or scrape before drying. Repeat if necessary.

Goof and Tricleanium for you more heavy duty removers.

Make sure you read the back of the bottle before using, some have wait times where it needs to do it's work before wiping/rinsing off.  Some work where you spray onto the sticker/label before removing.

Cheers

Marty

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @ennoh,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop, @Marty_greenshed has given you some good advice.

Also, Citrus based (lemon or oranges) sprays can be used for all sorts of sticker removal.

Especially on your fridges, stickers on your windows or whatever else.

You don't need harsh chemicals to do this when natural oils from these components make things easier.

Cheers,

Mike T.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ennoh

That's spot-on recommendations coming from @Marty_greenshed and @MikeTNZ. Just to add to the suggestions made, I also recommend having a look at Glitz 250ml Goo And Stain Remover. It is naturally citrus based and is biodegradable. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects