Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove stuck battery from Ozito tools?

joglsp
Just Starting Out

How to remove stuck battery from Ozito tools?

I have great difficulty removing cordless battery from my Ozito mower and leaf blower. (obviously not enough wheat bix? )

It feels like it will never dislodge, but with some persistence and a lot of wiggling I can remove it sometimes.

any ideas? 

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Re: stuck battery

Hi @joglsp,

If possible, can you take a photo of the battery and the battery port on the tools?

I might be able to shed some light if I can see these two things.

Cheers,

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove stuck battery from Ozito tools?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @joglsp. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing battery packs.

Have they always been the stiff to remove? Is it that they appear to be jammed, or are you having difficulty pushing in the release tabs on them? If the release tabs are not pushed fully in, it can certainly make it difficult to remove the battery. I have a similar issue on larger batteries, as it's hard to get your fingers around them.

If the products are within warranty and you are really struggling, then I'd suggest returning them to the store of purchase and having a discussion with a manager on whether there is anything they can do to assist with the difficulties you're experiencing. Perhaps they can have a team member take a look at the product for you to check whether it is faulty, or they might have a secret technique you can implement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects