Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repaint powdercoated windows and sliding doors?

dev2022
Just Starting Out

How to repaint powdercoated windows and sliding doors?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have repainted powder coated 80s doeskin colour - 2 sliding doors, a window and big massive French window to match my new white birch Security screen.I have used Dulux Aqanamel for doors & windows  Gloss finish - through Wagner 590 flexio - suggested by paint expert in Bunnings I have done all prep - light sanded, dry wiped and then wiped with sugar soup did not used primer  ( suggested  by Bunnings expert ) and used two coats of paint so far .  Next morning the paint is coming off even by light scratch by finger nail . I’m so frustrated after all that hours and days work with  a crap end result . Please help me 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repainted powdercoated windows and sliding doors

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dev2022. I'm so sorry to hear about these issues you are experiencing and can understand how being able to scrape off the paint with your fingernail must come as quite a shock.

Dulux Aquanamel takes a full seven days to cure, so I wouldn't be concerned yet that it hasn't fully cured in 24 hours. It hasn't had enough time to harden, and your fingernail is penetrating the surface and pulling it away from the substrate.

I'd hold off worrying that the coating has failed until it has had an appropriate amount of time to cure. Please wait the seven days and then either get back in touch with us here, with your local store's paint experts or the Dulux customer assistance team. We'd all be more than happy to make sure your project ends up a success.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the feedback ,any other suggestion  for  painting  powder coated windows and frames,I will be great full for your help. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

How's the paint looking now @dev2022?  

If you're still experiencing issues, I'll be keen to follow up with Dulux to assist in troubleshooting your issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects