Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair floor tiles with damaged grout?

BenS1701
Finding My Feet

How to repair floor tiles with damaged grout?

Hi there,

I have floor tiles in corridors of my house losing the grout in-between (see pictures below). What is recommended, and possibly easiest, product and method to repair these ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ben.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 15.10.32_99eefa2b.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 14.23.58_cbeb46d1.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 14.23.57_6517f1d5.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Floor tile repair

Hi @BenS1701,

Are you looking to do spot repairs or re-grout the entire floor?

The damaged and compromised grout must first be removed. Depending on the size of the area, either a grout saw or multi-tool with a diamond saw attachment can be used. After the grout has been removed, you can re-grout the tiles. Here are a couple of helpful guides: How to remove grout and How to grout. For spot repairs, it's important to cut the disintegrated grout out entirely until you reach solid grout.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

Thanks for the quick answer.. I am doing a spot repair. Can I ask, after cleaning out the disintegrated grout, can I use a product like this: https://www.bunnings.com.au/dunlop-800g-ready-to-go-coloured-grout-white_p6650123 to fill in the gap?

Further, are there any tools/products I will need to assist with giving a nice finish or just what is shown in the video (sponge and float). 

Regards,

Ben. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That product would be suitable to use @BenS1701. It will make the job easier with the nozzle, allowing you to keep the grout where it's needed. All the tools and materials are included in the step-by-step guide. You'll only need the float to apply and smooth it off, and the sponge to clean the residue off the tile surface.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects