Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace LED downlights?

emmadave
Growing in Experience

How to replace LED downlights?

Some of my led diwnlights are starting to flicker I've checked and they are just plugged into a socket in the ceiling you can buy them at bunnings but it says on packaging must be installed by electrician but they have a plug on them surely I can just plug them in?

emmadave
Growing in Experience

Re: How to replace LED downlights?

I will take a pic next time I’m in store as I’ve checked online and there isn’t all the info that in the box, like I said all there led down lights say the same, I’ve got one I bought from Woolworths and it says it on the box I can post that if that helps

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @emmadave,

I think something must have got lost in the mix here.

Could you please confirm that you already have some sockets installed in your roof void that the existing fittings connect to?

Cheers,

Mike T.

emmadave
Growing in Experience

Yes

emmadave
Growing in Experience

AB411855-373B-47FF-AABE-E6CB9DA28566.jpegSame light different brand

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

That sheet is wrong.

If you have the sockets in your ceiling, you do not need an Electrician.

Cheers,

Mike T.

emmadave
Growing in Experience

Same light different brand with a plug on it yes I have a socket in the ceiling nearly all the lights I’ve seen say the same usually in the small print3CA52173-44F6-4D40-A7D6-9F042966E6C0.jpeg

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @emmadave,

Good as gold, just be careful up in your ceiling and remember to only stand on the timber up there (top plates and other solid timber), a lot of people have fallen through their own ceilings with a moment of in-attention.

Let us know how the result came out.

Thanks,

Mike T.

emmadave
Growing in Experience

They all say the same I have not seen any that don’t say the same as you can see it’s clear on the box on this particular brand sold by Woolworths  it’s the same on the box of atom down lights and all the others have it in the small print

emmadave
Growing in Experience

Next they will say we need electrician to plug in toaster bring back DIY

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @emmadave,

It's great to see that @MikeTNZ has been providing helpful assistance. You might like to consider our Arlec 9W Tri Colour Dimmable LED Downlight. It is suitable for a D.I.Y. installation as long as you have the 240V sockets in your ceiling ready to plug it directly into.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects