Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replicate cement render texture for interior walls?

moloko
Growing in Experience

How to replicate cement render texture for interior walls?

Hello,

Some areas of my interior cement render walls have been patched up and the look of the patched areas look as expected, very flat and smooth compared to the slight texture cement render walls have. I am seeking advice on whether I can create a similar fine cement render texture as some of the smooth patches are quite large and would take forever using say, a stipple effect with a brush. 

I've seen products called "Drywall Texture Spray" where you can spray whole areas to create this cement render texture effect (available in the US and UK) and it doesn't seem like this kind of product is available in Australia...yet. Here's the pic of the product below. Also see the second pic showing the type of similar fine wall texture I'm wanting to replicate, labelled "Acoustic Popcorn." 

Is there a comparable product available in the Australian market that Bunnings can inform me about?

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 18-00-37 spray drywall texture - Google Search.pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 at 17-57-48 Spray Textures.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replicate Cement Render Texture for Interior Walls

Hello @moloko 

Thanks for sharing your question about replicating the texture on your rendered wall. 

There are textured rollers available at the store but I'm afraid none can produce the small texture as the ones you've shown on the photos. However, there is a sprayer that does an adjustable fine textured finish and that is the Wagner 1300ml Spray Texture Attachment

You will need to have the Wagner W350 Wood And Metal Paint Sprayer in order to make it work. It is the closest way I'm aware of for you to emulate the finish without having to re-render the wall. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects