Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save and print project plans?

Storm77
Getting Established

How to save and print project plans?

Can someone please tell me the best way to save/print project plan steps?

Storm77
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: SAVE AS PDF/PRINT PROJECT PLANS

Hi @Storm77,

We have had the functionality to print project plans previously on the site, and it was seldom used. Currently, the only way to print plans directly is through your internet browser or by downloading a PDF to your computer. As you've likely experienced, and is the case with most web pages, printing can be hit and miss. 

I can create a more printer-friendly version of the project you're interested in on Workshop and would be delighted to email you through a PDF file. It will be in the correct format with all steps and print correctly.

If you can let me know the project/s you were interested in, I'll email those files through to you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

That would be super helpful and thank you very much for doing so, I much appreciate it.  Honestly you may have just opened pandora's box with your offer LOL :smile: ....... I have a project to do list longer than Santa's naughty list HAHAHA.  But I will be kind and just ask for this one for now please  https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/How-To/How-to-build-a-workbench/ba-p/62851 

That's a shame :unhappy:  I absolutely love the print/pdf function for any project I add to my list.

Thank you again.

Storm77
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Storm77,

I've emailed that file to you. It's understandable to want a printed version. Sometimes they are just easier to follow. Once, they were extremely popular, but with the advances of technology and the availability of smartphones and tablets, we've seen a shift away from them. Feel free to private message me any time you'd like a printer-friendly version of a project on Workshop. 

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell, much appreciated :smile:

Storm77
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Storm77,

I'm not sure that you are aware that we have bookmarking functionality here on the Bunnings Workshop site so you can save your favourite projects, discussions and articles to your own My Bookmarks page. 

To save a post or article to your My Bookmarks page, just click on the bookmark icon next to the thumbs up button. You can also remove your bookmark by clicking on the icon again. 

My Bookmarks is accessible via your member profile page or by clicking on the icon next to your username at the top right corner of any Workshop page. You can then browse your collection by topic or room. 

Hope you find it useful. Please don't hesitate to reach out any time you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

I completely disagree with you Mitchell.

Previously, the Wish List function could be printed out and I would do this for every project (I use my Powerpass very regularly for home renovations and medium to small projects on my 19 acre property - never ending work). The ability to print means that I can write down the aisle and bay number for each item, and also assess which Bunnings in the ACT/Goulburn has stock (believe me, that's a pain these days). And I can add things that I forgot because I have a piece of paper and a pen which will work inside the Bunnings store - mobile phone doesn't always work.

I also have a printed list of the Item numbers and quantities to help the people on the trade desk checkout.

The only thing I dislike about Bunnings is the inability to easily print the Project Lists.

Oh, and the search function on the website is a pain.

And, I left 3 messages with one of the ACT store managers about not being able to print the Project List - she got back to me to say that she had passed it on to IT ... but they never answered.

I know this sounds like a rant, but I truly find the lack of printing functionality of Project Lists to be a complete hassle.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, thanks for your feedback @BruceH. I know members of the digital team that work on Wish List functionality, so will pass your comments onto them.  

Great to have you as a member of the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of ideas and assistance with your projects from our helpful members. Feel free to post any time you need a hand.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @BruceH,

Your feedback has been shared with the Wish List team.

I also should have mentioned that lists are now synced between the website and the Bunnings mobile app, so you can create project lists on your computer at home and then if you use the app when you're in-store it will guide you to where the products can be found on the shelves. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects