Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save this Peace Lily?

giovanniprasojo
Finding My Feet

How to save this Peace Lily?

Hi All

I have Peace Lily Plant that suddenly withered since yesterday. I tried to give enough water and shade sun but it doesn’t work. Could someone can assist me with this case, as I concern about it health. Thank You

Please see pic provided.

IMG_0662.jpeg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Saving Peace Lily

Hi @giovanniprasojo I have a peace lily, when it starts to droop, I take it outside and give it a good watering, allow it to drain properly in the sun, then take it back inside, next day it looks fantastic again.

Hi @JoeAzza many thank you for your reply and advise, I will do it tomorrow morning. 

@giovanniprasojo @I usually use the garden hose and lightly spray the hole plant and let it drain.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @giovanniprasojo. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about peace lily care.

It's great to see that @JoeAzza has provided some helpful information. You might also like to check out this guide on How to grow and care for a peace lily.

Drooping leaves can be caused by overwatering as well as underwatering. They prefer damp but not soggy soil. Stick your finger in the pot; if the soil is dry, you need to water. If the soil is wet, then you could be overwatering.

How's the drainage in that pot? Make sure the water is draining well out the bottom of the pot. It's hard to tell, but your pot looks a little small for that sized plant. At some stage, the pot will become rootbound, and water will no longer drain as well as it would through an open potting mix. If your pot is not draining well, consider repotting into a larger pot with better drainage using a quality potting mix like Scotts Osmocote 10L Indoor Plants Premium Potting Mix.

When you do place your plant outside, position it in bright indirect sunlight and not full direct sun. The full sun will cause the leaves to wilt.

One last thought, have you started running an air conditioner on heat/dry mode at all near the plant or in the same room? That could be drying out the plant faster than usual. Peace lily's love humidity, so giving it a misting once a day with a spray bottle could help with the revival process.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc many thank you, hope My Piece Lily can survive. I don’t have air cond. The Other Lily still Good Condition they just 2 meters gap between them.

Maybe she get jealous cause other Lily I put near the window LOL.

Thanks Again 

IMG_8244.jpeg

Hi @giovanniprasojo  @MitchellMc 

I watered mine today, looking good tonight

here are before and after watering photos.

IMG_8240.jpeg

IMG_8241.jpeg

IMG_8242.jpeg

IMG_8243.jpeg

  

IMG_8244.jpeg

IMG_8245.jpeg

IMG_8246.jpeg

IMG_8247.jpeg

IMG_8248.jpeg

IMG_8255.jpeg

IMG_8258.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @giovanniprasojo 

It's looking a little bit better, just keep in mind that your plants are sensitive to both extended temperature and humidity changes. I suggest finding a spot in the house where you can isolate the plants and the temperature is neutral. Especially if you are planning to use your heater for an extended period.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects