Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal an interior brick wall (feature wall)?

jridgeon
Finding My Feet

How to seal an interior brick wall (feature wall)?

Hi, 

I have a few walls in our house that are currently exposed brick which we would like to keep as a feature. Just wondering what the best method is for preparing and sealing these.

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal an interior brick wall (feature wall)?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jridgeon. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sealing a brick wall.

Typically, you'd seal a brick wall before painting it, to stop some type of moisture egress or prevent staining. Is there a particular reason why you need to seal the wall or look you are going for?

You can use Crommelin 4L Water Based Brick And Render Sealer for a low-sheen finish. It will provide a subtle colour enhancement and helps withstand stains and damage to the bricks.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for getting back to me Mitchell. 
We would like to keep the walls as an exposed brick feature but have noticed that they contribute to a lot of dust so we were hoping that there was a clear coat that we could use to help prevent this.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The Crommelin product I linked to above will seal and bind the surface of the bricks for you @jridgeon. Once sealed they won't be able to expel any dust.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you again Mitchell! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects