Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to start a small indoor garden?

guywhomakestuff
Just Starting Out

How to start a small indoor garden?

So I want to start a small indoor "garden" per say, I was thinking of growing tomatoes and I was wondering what stuff I would need to do that and if it's even possible?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I've been wanting start a small indoor garden how would I start?

Hello @guywhomakestuff 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about starting a small indoor garden.

I suggest having a look at this discussion - I'm growing hydroponic tomatoes indoors by @Prof. It's full of detail and shows you all the steps taken to reach a successful harvest.

I believe the key to successful growing indoors is sunlight, but in this case artificial sunlight from lamps. Unless the area is a sunroom, lack of sunlight will not be good for your plants. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the area where you plan on growing the tomatoes? Once we see the picture, we'll be able to make recommendations on how to proceed. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Prof and @Adam_W for their recommendations. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to start a small indoor garden?

Do you have a patio that you could use instead of growing them indoors @guywhomakestuff?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to start a small indoor garden?

Hi @guywhomakestuff..

If you're planning to grow hydroponic tomatoes inside, then you are going to need certain equipment for the process..

The equipment you'll need will depend on whether your planning to grow determinate or indeterminate tomatoes..

If you read my tutorial on "I'm Growing Hydroponic Tomatoes Indoors" you will find all the information you need..

Good luck with it all and if you need any help just let us know.. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects