Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to start....

bowerhd
Finding My Feet

How to start....

Hi team 

well I’m very new to this DIY and am a bit nervous to start but I had to start somewhere and now I’m here..

just bought a house get keys next week have decided to get a painter in for the interior of house and quotes for carpet tiles to start with...

630D3260-F578-42A1-9AF0-DC6600B83DE0.jpeg

42B0EE39-14B4-4AD0-9059-23A524F4EAFD.jpeg

D537CAA7-B629-4EBC-BF3F-3B49A215E67E.jpeg

45EA4990-CFFF-4CB1-A7D6-6EC026FE5E6A.jpeg

BF975BF6-96C7-40D2-BC8F-EFBCEC31504A.jpeg

32AC3AA9-EDB9-40A0-A114-EBFA104B576A.jpeg

7BB8484E-B86C-4F5F-8591-80D566337263.jpeg

..however I feel I could start with some DIY projects..hoping for some advice from you all? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to start....

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bowerhd. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

Congratulations on your new home; I'm sure this is an exhilarating time for you. I trust our members will be full of helpful advice and have some great inspiration to get you started on many D.I.Y. projects. It might take living in the home for a couple of months to really get your head around what you would like to change and what priority those fall in. I'd encourage you to write down a list of everything you love and everything you don't. From there, you can decide what takes priority and of those which will make the biggest impact.

You might like to check out our top 10 most popular kitchen projects, top 10 most popular kitchen projects, and top 10 most popular indoor furniture projects for some inspiration.

You should also find these step-by-step guides useful:

We look forward to hearing more about what you would like to change and offering assistance with your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to start....

Thank you! 
Really appreciate the input! 
Yes have started the list 😊👍

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to start....

Hello @bowerhd 

Welcome to Workshop! This is it! The little big steps to bringing that look you want. Don't hold yourself back and let your dream take shape. With all renovators I always recommend to tackle 1 project at a time but @MitchellMc 's recommendation make a list!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Re: How to start....

Thank you Red 

My list keeps growing 😂 but yes definitely one job at a time and planning 👍 

Thank you 

H

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects