Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
simonbroad
Finding My Feet

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi,

I'm Simon, and I'm one of those people the tradies love/hate.

I think I'm much cleverer than I really am at DIY, and think I can do stuff cheaper and easier myself than getting a tradie in; I often have to get a tradie in to clear up the mess I make.

However, I do need to start doing more maintenance on my home, and will be looking here for advice on how to do many of these projects; and maybe for you guys to tell me when I should call a tradie any not try it myself.

Talk to you all later.

Simon.

RabbitHill
Growing in Experience

Hi, my name is Magda. I recently start a blog, http://rabbithillcreations.wix.com/diy-blog (follow the link to my blog), where I post some of my makeovers. I'm near the Barossa Valley and we recently lost our house in a fire. I then decided to take photos of everything I makeover, recycle or upcycle and post in on my blog as a virtual diary. I did so many things in the past, and now have no reference because it's all gone. I just think it's awesome to take something old, sometimes really dirty and to give it a second change. With a little bit of T.L.C and sometimes a lot of elbow grease you can achieve great things. It was a great day when a new Bunnings opened near us just the other day. I do get all my d.i.y materials from them and it's so good to have them close. Somedays I have to run in two or three times for something I need. Lucky for me, I own a laser cutter and can actually design patterns to sometimes use in my Makeovers. I learned a lot by attending workshops (Bunnings), Google, Pinterest and by following other d.i.y bloggers. I do believe I will learn more from being part of this group. I will post some of my before and afters in the Gallery.

Hi Greg (@scifanatic),

Welcome to Workshop and thanks for introducing yourself. Your boys must love you! Here's a shot of my two boys from a long, long time ago. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations. Hope you find plenty of great tips and information from community members here on the site.

Jason 

Hi Simon (@simonbroad),

Great to have you join the community. I'm sure there are plenty of members here you can identify with having ambitions that are slightly higher than our actual skills! Good on you for always having a go. Hopefully you can find plenty of great advice and information here on Workshop to avoid any D.I.Y. disasters in future! 

A very warm welcome to the community. Please post again soon.

Jason

Hi Magda (@RabbitHill),

Many thanks for introducing yourself. I'm so sorry to read of your loss. It must have been heartbreaking for you. All the very best with your rebuilding efforts.

You might like to edit your post and fix the URL to your blog - it has a couple of characters incorrect. Just click on the three dots on the top right of the post to access the Edit Reply option. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your handiwork on the gallery soon.

Jason

RabbitHill
Growing in Experience

Hi Jason. When I click on the three dots, I can't seem to find the edit link. The direct link to my blog would be http://rabbithillcreations.wix.com/diy-blog also can be reach through my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RabbitHillCreations or through my Laser Cut webpage www.rabbithillcreations.com.au Thank you

@RabbitHill Edit Reply is the first option in the list. You need to also make sure you are clicking on the dots on your post. No matter, I have fixed it for you. 

Thanks again for sharing. 

Hi Sue

I too am new to this online workshop.  But I may be able to help with your 'pest' problem.. I moved onto acreage (2) in Canberra about 4 years ago and have planted lots of plants which were being eaten for breakfast lunch and dinner by kangaroos and rabbits I presume. If this is your issue then this may help. My solution was to use coreflute containers around each little plant and have had immense success with them.  The ones I use are pink - apparently the colour has a more posiitve effect on growth of new plants than other colours.  They come in different sizes and I have about 100 which I keep re-using. My preference is to plant tube stock as it grows and establishes faster - in fact I planted a whole heap of acacia tube stock (5- 10cm) last July (yes right in the middle of winter..) and most of the plants are now between 60 and 80cm tall. this is also partly because I use water crystals and fertiliser as well as thick newspaper and eucalyptus mulch 10cm thick but also because they haven't been eaten since using my "pink buckets". I buy them locally - they are called Global Land but I presume there are lots of brands around. Good luck!

Many thanks for your advice about keeping pests out @poodlefrenzy. Hopefully it will be useful to @Sue51. I'm sure other members of the community will also benefit from your experience. 

Jason

@poodlefrenzy, I'm very interested in your pest solution.

Can you please provide a photo of the coreflute container you mentioned?

I googled and they looked like plastic boxes so I am not sure how you grow the tube stock in them.

Thanks in advance.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects