Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Simon (@simonbroad),

Great to have you join the community. I'm sure there are plenty of members here you can identify with having ambitions that are slightly higher than our actual skills! Good on you for always having a go. Hopefully you can find plenty of great advice and information here on Workshop to avoid any D.I.Y. disasters in future! 

A very warm welcome to the community. Please post again soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Magda (@RabbitHill),

Many thanks for introducing yourself. I'm so sorry to read of your loss. It must have been heartbreaking for you. All the very best with your rebuilding efforts.

You might like to edit your post and fix the URL to your blog - it has a couple of characters incorrect. Just click on the three dots on the top right of the post to access the Edit Reply option. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your handiwork on the gallery soon.

Jason

RabbitHill
New Contributor

Hi Jason. When I click on the three dots, I can't seem to find the edit link. The direct link to my blog would be http://rabbithillcreations.wix.com/diy-blog also can be reach through my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RabbitHillCreations or through my Laser Cut webpage www.rabbithillcreations.com.au Thank you

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RabbitHill Edit Reply is the first option in the list. You need to also make sure you are clicking on the dots on your post. No matter, I have fixed it for you. 

Thanks again for sharing. 

poodlefrenzy
New Contributor

Hi Sue

I too am new to this online workshop.  But I may be able to help with your 'pest' problem.. I moved onto acreage (2) in Canberra about 4 years ago and have planted lots of plants which were being eaten for breakfast lunch and dinner by kangaroos and rabbits I presume. If this is your issue then this may help. My solution was to use coreflute containers around each little plant and have had immense success with them.  The ones I use are pink - apparently the colour has a more posiitve effect on growth of new plants than other colours.  They come in different sizes and I have about 100 which I keep re-using. My preference is to plant tube stock as it grows and establishes faster - in fact I planted a whole heap of acacia tube stock (5- 10cm) last July (yes right in the middle of winter..) and most of the plants are now between 60 and 80cm tall. this is also partly because I use water crystals and fertiliser as well as thick newspaper and eucalyptus mulch 10cm thick but also because they haven't been eaten since using my "pink buckets". I buy them locally - they are called Global Land but I presume there are lots of brands around. Good luck!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for your advice about keeping pests out @poodlefrenzy. Hopefully it will be useful to @Sue51. I'm sure other members of the community will also benefit from your experience. 

Jason

QuailFlock
Experienced Contributor

@poodlefrenzy, I'm very interested in your pest solution.

Can you please provide a photo of the coreflute container you mentioned?

I googled and they looked like plastic boxes so I am not sure how you grow the tube stock in them.

Thanks in advance.

Nikkie_P
Budding Contributor

Hi all,

My name is Nikkie and I live with my manboy (Kal) and alleged guard dog (more like roll over and pat me) pooch, Coco at Matcham on the Central Coast NSW. We recently brought here after fully renovating in Newtown, Sydney.

we have been power pass members at Bunnings for the past few years and are conneceirs of the weekend sausage sandwich with a standing order of two with no onions...

we have learnt a lot over throughout the Reno at Newtown and have now ventured into making copper lamps, gal and timber tables etc,

we are currently fitting out our retail shop in Erina with our own creations and will add posts to show our progress (failures and all).

i look forward to sharing with you all.

Nikkie P.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for introducing yourself @Nikkie_P. It's fantastic to have you as a member of the Workshop community. I'm sure you have a lot of great experience and wisdom you can share from your renovation. Perhaps you'd like to start by posting on today's discussion about how to survive a reno? I hope you also learn a lot from other community members on the site.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

Nikkie_P
Budding Contributor

Thanks Jas, I look forward to it... I am also an expert in bandaid placement, especially on the fingers and am usually sporting at least one at all times.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects