Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Leaking hot water cylinder

Kylie63
Just Starting Out

Leaking hot water cylinder

My hot water service started leaking after my water meter was changed, as soon as the water was turned back on the pressure caused something to give way, can this be fixed, any help would be great..

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: Leaking hot water cylinder

Hi there Kylie,

Is there any way that you could send a picture of where the cylinder is leaking from?

That would be most helpful, I'm an Electrician that works with hot water cylinders quite frequently over here in NZ.

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Bugger,
Sorry, you mentioned the water meter had been replaced.
Sounds like there might be rust and stuff in the Ajax (Pressure reducing) valve on the cold water side of the cylinder, holding that valve open, making the cylinder leak.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kylie63,

Great to see that you got some helpful replies to your post from Mike. I would also encourage you to share some photos if you can, but I would assume you would need to contact a plumber. 

Welcome to the Workshop community. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house and garden. We are looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the Workshop site. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects