Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My completely impractical DIY wood wallet build video

AndrewJones
Making a Splash

My completely impractical DIY wood wallet build video

Here is my latest build video. A impractical wood wallet that only holds 4 cards lol! Sometimes you just have to try somthing. My favorate video edit so far hope you enjoy it! (: 

Maker, youtuber and woodworker. Watch me work wood in 24 frames per second: https://www.youtube.com/user/andii1701/videos
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: My completely impractical DIY wood wallet build video

@AndrewJones, 4 cards??? :shocked:

What were you thinking? :surprised:

It'd be fine if you don't drive, so you wooden need a Driver's License, & wooden need a Roadside Assistance card, but surely you'd need Medicare plastic, & an Ambulance subscription, & uh, hmmmm, uh, hmmmmm.

Forget I spoke. :embarassed: :wink:

Love your work.

Hehe, the it was meant to hold 6 cards (which is how many I carry) but the elastic was thicker then I thought and took it down to 2 cards a side. Regardless, it's too stiff to sit on. So pretty much fails as a wallet. lol. But would make a cool business card holder.

I'm considering this iteration 1. I'm determined to make a practical wood wallet.

Thanks for checking out my work!
Maker, youtuber and woodworker. Watch me work wood in 24 frames per second: https://www.youtube.com/user/andii1701/videos

Licence and credit card - surely two cards is enough!

I hate it how every single store you buy from wants to give you a plastic card these days. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Yeh @AHoy, I don't see the point in it when they offer them to every customer, you're hardly going to be a VIP customer.

True story though, I used to check out camping & trecking stores, because they have brilliant space saving stuff, & their outdoor weather gear (Gortex) is super light, not bulky, breathable (allows sweat to evaporate/dissipate, but they're still water resistant from the elements), & have to be made to a very stringent high standard for certification.

It was early days (last century), & my favourite store offered me a membership card, which entitled me to a 10% discount, if I produced it at the time of purchase. I was quite flattered, so accepted the card, but I'm a wallet cram phobe, so intended to only carry it with me if I was going to their store. I forgot to take it every single time I went there, but I still got the 10% discount. :smile: It reaffirms my belief that if you find a store that's special to you, support it, & you'll win every time.

OK, I admit that there's a caveat, it isn't going to work for everyone. I have a face that's hard to forget, have involuntary random movements (ticks) that're kinda unique, plus I appreciate the staff, yack, smile, & laugh a lot.

Even my local Bunnies store knows me, & I scored myself a coffee voucher, for just being me, but I'm not telling how. :smile:

The irony, is that mobile providers give you a bigger, thinner, wall to wall screen on your connect life support, with unlimited data, & their cards are discreetly tucked away, out of sight.

Time to leap frog the pondering, it's my 66th Birthday today. That's the best thing I've every made, but oops, maybe I'm on the wrong thread. :embarassed:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects