Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My indoor plant is always wilted

dverma
Just Starting Out

My indoor plant is always wilted

My plant doesn’t look happy whtever I do. I water it put fertiliser in it time to time but it remains fresh for one day nd again ielts the second day. Please guide me to help it .

image.jpg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: my plant always wilted

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dverma and sorry to hear that your plant isn't too happy at the moment.

Can I ask how much and how often you are watering and fertilising the plant? It could be a case of too much, rather than too little.

Let me tag @Noelle and @MitchellMc who may be able to offer some suggestions.

@Noelle has shared plenty of great tips for taking care of indoor plants in this discussion: How to look after my indoor plants? You can also find helpful advice from the Bunnings team here: How To Grow And Care For a Peace Lily.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: my plant always wilted

Hi @dverma,

It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about indoor plant care.

As @StevieB has mentioned, it would be helpful to hear some details about your watering regime and what type of drainage the pot has, how often you've fertilised and what type it was and how much indirect sunlight the plant receives.

When the top 5cm of soil is dry, I place my plants in a sink and run the tap on them until water is steadily coming out of the pots drainage holes. I'll then let them sit there to drain the excess water before returning them to their larger aesthetical pot containers. I have my plants near a window receiving lots of natural light but not in direct sunlight as they'll burn. You could use a water-soluble or liquid plant food for indoor plants once a month if needed.

My first thought is possibly over-watering. Are there drainage holes in that pot?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects