Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need Storage ideas for new unit Ive just moved into.

Maree1
Cultivating a Following

Need Storage ideas for new unit Ive just moved into.

I just been blessed with getting a new 2 bedroom unit suitable for health reasons etc.. Its lovely but with little storage in the kitchen end of open living area & 2 bedrooms off living area with a combined shower, toilet, laundry between these two. The bedrooms have a built in hanging space & one shelf. Ive got 3x more bench space in the kitchen than I did in my last rental, but 1 1/2 less cupboards & no storage for crockery dishes & plates. And the combined laundry shower toilet and sink is ideal but NO storage there either. Excuse the mess!!! Id like to build a pull out pantry shelf between my fridge & kitchen cupboard. Its a 25cm gap from fridge to benchId like to build a pull out pantry shelf between my fridge & kitchen cupboard. Its a 25cm gap from fridge to bench4 drawers & 1/2 a cupboard which Ive slid pans etc on there sides same with the other 2 half cupboards in my new kitchen.4 drawers & 1/2 a cupboard which Ive slid pans etc on there sides same with the other 2 half cupboards in my new kitchen.I have a double cupboard under the sink and the top shelf is all plumbingI have a double cupboard under the sink and the top shelf is all plumbingThis is my laundry storage trough & cupboard approx half size as normal householdThis is my laundry storage trough & cupboard approx half size as normal householdI have a tiny cupboard with 2 spaces - I fit 1 roll of toilet paper in the top shelf and 2 rolls in the bottom - thats to give you an idea of the size. No place to store medications or toiletries except on window sill and sink top.I have a tiny cupboard with 2 spaces - I fit 1 roll of toilet paper in the top shelf and 2 rolls in the bottom - thats to give you an idea of the size. No place to store medications or toiletries except on window sill and sink top.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need Storage ideas for new unit Ive just moved into.

Hi again @Maree1,

Have you seen this post - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Kitchen/Fitted-tray-rack-for-kitchen-cabinet/m-p/26724 - from @JustJim?

It might give you one idea for making the most of kitchen cupboard space. I'll hand over to the rest of the community for other ideas...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects