Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help calculating cost of sheet vinyl

jessh123
Just Starting Out

Need help calculating cost of sheet vinyl

i need to buy and work out a budget, i need 4.5 mtrs of 3m wide sheet vinyl . it is sold at $65.29 per L/M, i have no understanding of the calculations to get the cost of this . any help would be greatly appreciated.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help calculating cost of sheet vinyl

Hello @jessh123

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your questions about calculating the cost of sheet vinyl.

First, we need to determine how much area you need to cover. If you have an area of 4.5 meters x 3 meters the overall area that needs to be covered would be 13.5 sq2. Since the vinyl is 3 meters wide and is sold by the linear meter, you divide the overall area by the width of the vinyl sheet. So 13.5 sq@ / 3 = 4.5 linear meters. 

We then multiply this length by the price of the vinyl sheet. The length of 4.5 linear meters x $65.29 = $293.80 will be the overall cost for the vinyl sheet. Please keep in mind to add a little bit of extra length for safety. These include wardrobes, doorways, and unusual turns or angles in the room.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects