Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with installing blinds

sanjurajan
Growing in Experience

Need help with installing blinds

Hi,

Looking for some help with buying and installing blinds and curtains for our house.

Window Recess measurements (in mm) Width X Height

1) Living Room Window - 2410 x 1780 -  Venetian blinds

2) Kitchen Splashback window - 2360 X 690 - Roller blinds

3) Bedroom Window - 850 x 1800 (2nos) - Venetian/Roller blinds

4) Bedroom Window - 1810 x 1370 (2nos) - Venetian/Roller blinds

5) Bedroom Window - 610 x 1800 (2nos) - Venetian/Roller blinds

6) Bedroom Window - 1810 x 1800 - Venetian/Roller blinds

7) Laundry Sliding door - 1450 x 2130

8 ) Living Room Sliding door - 2150 x 2120 

a) Does Bunnings have Venetian/roller blinds that suit these sizes or can they be custom-made?

b) Can we recess fit these blinds on our own? If so, what are the tools required?

c) What are the blind options for the (7) and (8) above?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help with installing blinds

Hello @sanjurajan

Thank you very much for sharing your question about blinds. I suggest visiting your closest local store and asking about Riva Blinds at the Special Orders Desk. They can be custom-made to any size you wish and can be installed in a recessed manner. Simply show them your list of measurements and they can produce a quote for you. 

As for the laundry and living room sliding doors, I suggest asking about vertical blinds in the Riva set as well. These blinds can block off the sun and can be adjusted so that you can control the amount of light that gets through. The best part is that they can be pulled to one side like curtains so that the sliding doors can be totally open.

It sounds like a fantastic project, please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see how your blinds look once they've been installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.    

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sanjurajan
Growing in Experience

Thanks @EricL for the prompt reply. I'll check the Riva blinds at our nearest Bunnings store.

We have vertical blinds at our rental house here and we found them coming off from the hooks quite fast, especially with kids in the house :smile:

I think then we are only left with the option of roller blinds then.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sanjurajan

It's unfortunate that the vertical blinds will not work for you, it was an option worth exploring. Perhaps in the future when the kids are a bit more grown-up, you might be able to upgrade back to vertical blinds. In the meantime, you can still show those measurements for your sliding doors and specify roller blinds for those areas.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects