Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New House Build-Concrete Footings

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

New House Build-Concrete Footings

Siteworks and footings are the first stage of your build

I thought I'd share some of the new building photos, data and processes

Its great for linking in all the important info during your build

A special thank you to Shouri and Barry the Builder for sharing

If you require assistance post back or leave a PM

Cheers

Chris

Z1.jpgZ2.jpgZ3.jpgZ4.jpgZ13.jpgZ5.jpgZ7.jpgZ6.jpgZ9.jpgZ12.jpg

raymonda
Just Starting Out

Re: New House Build-Concrete Footings

Hi;

Thanks for sharing, it's interesting to see how different engineers design strip footings. How deep is the strip and the footings? When I did my build my engineer designed the strip to be 250-300 deep and the footing 600 or 400 if we hit roc, its for a suspended slab.

Strip footing before concrete pourStrip footing before concrete pour

Block work before corefillBlock work before corefillSuspended Slab with bondek.Suspended Slab with bondek.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @raymonda. Great to see you make your first post. Let me tag @BIM_Engineer for you so he is alerted to your question.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Also please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

Welcome to the community,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

In the coastal areas of Perth the sand soils are quite stable for building on, the single storey footings are 300 wide x 300 deep
the added steel is for crack control as the client intends putting in large porcelain tiles
At an extra cost of a few $'s for the re entrant bars and upgrade mesh, it's well worth the extra,

The sand is also cheap enough to use as fill, I don't get a call for Bondek 

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects