Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New desk - simplest thing I've ever made

robchin
Becoming a Leader

New desk - simplest thing I've ever made

I have been working at home now for about 15 months and my home office was very difficult to work in with 2 smaller desks. I finally got sick of it. Went and bought a Specrite timber panel from Bunnings and a couple of Rapidmesh Table Legs and an hour later - transformed the space. Simple, easy and ended up being very good value compared with buying a desk that size. 20210702_134559.jpgtimber panel.jpgtable legs.jpg

JasmineH
Cultivating a Following

Re: New desk - simplest thing I've ever made

Looks so professional and can double up as an extra dining table for parties 😍

J@S
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @robchin

Thank you so much for sharing your office table project. Did you put any finish on the table or did you leave it as is?

We look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sooze
Cultivating a Following

Awesome job. This is exactly what I need for our study. Thank you for sharing 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Sooze. I'm sure @robchin appreciates the kind feedback. Let us know if you need a hand with building your own. We're here to help.

Welcome to the community,

Jason

robchin
Becoming a Leader

thanks Eric. 

I didn't at the time because it is a desk. Didn't want to oil it as it may pick up dust. Didn't want it to be shiny. This weekend I will put a clear, matt varnish on it though. Rookie error - I can see it marking otherwise. 

It's so big - I couldn't get it out the door :unhappy: . It's 2.4m long and over a metre wide. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @robchin

I suggest removing the legs temporarily to bring the tabletop to where you are planning to paint. It's not an ideal solution, but it is an easier job than repairing and repainting the doorway frame.

We look forward to seeing your work table painted. 

Eric

boris
Building a Reputation

Love it. I need to make my wife a desk that fits in a corner upstairs. The metal legs here will be perfect. Might glue some recycled Aussie hardwood together instead.

Benni85
Just Starting Out

@robchin 

Hey this looks great, how do you find the middle of the desk? I am planning on a single arm mount does it bow in the middle or can it handle the weight, looks like a wide desk so not sure if its better to get 3 legs.

will be looking at having th etwo of us working here, how do you find it when you both are on the desk?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects