Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New internal wall

JumBuck
Growing in Experience

New internal wall

Hi,

I am putting a frame up for an internal wall with a Hume sliding door cavity.  The top brace will be 2400mm long. I’m using 90 x 35 timber (same as Hume door) and am asking for the best way to fix the top brace into brick.  Can I drill at an angle through into brick using Dynabolts or would it be better to use a 90 degree metal plate to fix the wood to the brick with the Dynabolts? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New internal wall

Hi @JumBuck

It sounds like an interesting home project. I suggest using Carinya 30 x 30 x 30 x 3.5mm Stainless Steel Angle Bracket. Drilling at an angle into brick is not a secure way to fasten the timber to the wall. If you wish to secure it from the back of the timber to the front of the wall, I recommend Carinya 40 x 200 x 2mm Flat Make-A-Bracket. You will be able to mount this bracket in any number of ways to suit your purpose. 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the current location of the sliding door and where you wish to mount it? This will give our members a better idea of what you're trying to do. Once our members see it, they will then be able to offer you comprehensive advice on how to attach it.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the pictures of your build.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects