Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting exterior timber (windows and fascias)

Frank4
Just Starting Out

Painting exterior timber (windows and fascias)

I'm about to repaint the exterior timber of my daughter's home (windows & fascias) which have been painted with Taubmans Sunproof low sheen acrylic Monument colour.  Is it better if I buy Dulux Weathershield which I've used at my place and been happy with it.  Not sure but I think Dulux is more expensive.  I'm only after a 4 litre can.  Any advice would be appreciated thanks.  Cheers Frank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting exterior timber (windows and fascias)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Frank (@Frank4). It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about paint selection.

Both of these paints would be more than suitable for your application. I tend to go with Dulux as they have an exceptional warranty. They guarantee that with correct preparation, their paint won't peel, flake or blister for as long as you live in the home. It's a little more expensive but great stuff. The colour monument should be transferrable into Dulux. You might notice a slight colour variance between the new colour and the odd faded one.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Painting exterior timber (windows and fascias)

Thanks Mitchell, much appreciated, especially the quick response.  Cheers Frank

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects