Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting the house

jkhandywoman
Growing in Experience

Painting the house

I am now at the stage of cleaning back my beautiful Caroline and giving her one big face lift paint up..

73DB040E-4F45-4FA3-B96C-F92B37D56692.jpeg

E8872D21-68F9-403E-8955-AE3E1C0B7765.jpeg

CA6F294B-7CE7-470F-A9B4-C5F807513FA6.jpeg

ADC77DE3-CE16-4A13-8D8E-E1FA9BE8114E.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting the house

Was that an inspiration image for the colour scheme @jkhandywoman?

That would certainly be a somewhat bold choice, and I love it! It often pays to make a statement with colour selection, and I think you've got it just right. Might I suggest Dulux Weathershield as an option as it is specially formulated to expand and contract with the surface, and is guaranteed not to peel, flake or blister for as long as you live in your home as long as you follow the directions.

Let me mention @2Belindas as I know she is a great fan of changing up house colours and perhaps would have some advice for you.

I look forward to seeing your progression, and as always, please let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @jkhandywoman 
What a project your Caroline is!  It'll be amazing when you are finished.

I love deep blue or grey.  The inspo picture you have chosen is great.

Look at Colorbond Deep Ocean.  Make sure you team it with lots of white and check it against your roof colour.  Your roof colour is really important.  Sometimes we can't have the exterior colour of our dreams if it doesn't match the roof.

Different shades of grey would work too - Timeless Grey or Bassalt are great colours if you want dark, but aren't quite brave enough to go Monument.

Also check that the colour you choose goes with the tiles on your front verandah and steps if you are not replacing them.

Let me know what you think you might do and how much of the house you are painting.

Cheers

Belinda S

Creating a beautiful home on a budget

I have decided on all paint

roof is grey

I an painting porch 

deep ocean not an option

i have this 

thanks it’s going to be amazing 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects